Titanic Memorial Lighthouse

Title

Titanic Memorial Lighthouse

Description

The lighthouse was built in honor of the crew of the Titanic steamship that struck an iceberg and sank in 1912. In addition to views of the lighthouse, memorial plaque, and time ball, photos includes a dedication ceremony on April 15, 1913 with Rev. Archibald R. Mansfield; the 50th anniversary memorial service held on April 15, 1962 with Rev. John M. Mulligan; Titanic survivors looking at a painting of the steamship by W. Muller; and installation of the memorial at the South Street Seaport, following the demolition of 25 South Street in 1968.

Creator

Seamen's Church Institute

Date

1913-

Rights

Seamen’s Church Institute provides digital access to materials from its Archives for educational and research purposes. Responsibility for determining copyright status of and securing permission to use an item rests with the person desiring to use the material.

Citation

Seamen's Church Institute, “Titanic Memorial Lighthouse,” Seamen's Church Institute Archives, accessed September 23, 2017, http://seamenschurch-archives.org/items/show/165.