First Floating Church of Our Savior

Title

First Floating Church of Our Savior

Description

The first Floating Church of Our Savior, moored at the foot of Pike Street in 1844 and in operation until 1868. The Church was converted from the ferryboat MANHATTAN and presided over by the Rev. Benjamin C. C. Parker.

Creator

Protestant Episcopal Missionary Society for Seamen in the City and Port of New York

Date

1844-1868

Rights

Seamen’s Church Institute provides digital access to materials from its Archives for educational and research purposes. Responsibility for determining copyright status of and securing permission to use an item rests with the person desiring to use the material.

Coverage

Pike Street, New York, NY

Collection

Citation

Protestant Episcopal Missionary Society for Seamen in the City and Port of New York, “First Floating Church of Our Savior,” Seamen's Church Institute Archives, accessed September 23, 2017, http://seamenschurch-archives.org/items/show/87.