Titanic Memorial Lighthouse
Type (Physical characteristics and technical requirements)
Description (Scope and Content)
Includes black and white photographs, a color postcard, and a drawing of the Titanic Memorial Lighthouse at 25 South Street, SCI's headquarters from 1913-1967. The lighthouse was built in honor of the crew of the Titanic steamship that struck an iceberg and sank in 1912. In addition to views of the lighthouse, memorial plaque, and time ball, this subject includes a dedication ceremony on April 15, 1913 with Rev. Archibald R. Mansfield; the 50th anniversary memorial service held on April 15, 1962 with Rev. John M. Mulligan; Titanic survivors looking at a painting of the steamship by W. Muller; and installation of the memorial at the South Street Seaport, following the demolition of 25 South Street in 1968.
Rights (Terms governing use)
Seamen’s Church Institute provides digital access to materials from its Archives for educational and research purposes. Responsibility for determining copyright status of and securing permission to use an item rests with the person desiring to use the material.
This item has no relations.
“Titanic Memorial Lighthouse ,” SCI Digital Archives, accessed June 8, 2023, http://seamenschurch-archives.org/sci/items/show/507.