Type (Physical characteristics and technical requirements)
Description (Scope and Content)
Includes black and white and color photographs of the Marine Museum at 25 South Street, SCI’s headquarters from 1913-1967. The Marine Museum began on the third floor of 25 South Street in 1953 and continued exhibiting items donated by mariners and shipping lines until SCI relocated to 15 State Street in 1968. In addition to views of the museum, details of museum objects and images of mariner Chris Svendsen building and observing ship models are represented under this subject. Rev. John M. Mulligan is also seen inspecting museum objects.
Rights (Terms governing use)
Seamen’s Church Institute provides digital access to materials from its Archives for educational and research purposes. Responsibility for determining copyright status of and securing permission to use an item rests with the person desiring to use the material.