Floating Church of Our Saviour (first)

Click Images for Full Size

To Download Images Click Here

Title

Floating Church of Our Saviour (first)

Type (Physical characteristics and technical requirements)

.jpg

Description (Scope and Content)

The first Floating Church of Our Saviour, moored at the foot of Pike Street in 1844 and in operation until 1868. The Church was converted from the ferryboat MANHATTAN and presided over by the Rev. Benjamin C. C. Parker.

Rights (Terms governing use)

Seamen’s Church Institute provides digital access to materials from its Archives for educational and research purposes. Responsibility for determining copyright status of and securing permission to use an item rests with the person desiring to use the material.

Creator

Protestant Episcopal Missionary Society for Seamen in the City and Port of New York

Date

1844-1868

Series

Item Relations

Item Relations

This item has no relations.

Citation

Protestant Episcopal Missionary Society for Seamen in the City and Port of New York, “Floating Church of Our Saviour (first),” SCI Digital Archives, accessed November 28, 2014, http://seamenschurch-archives.org/sci/items/show/503.

Geolocation


Rating



Comments

Rating:   

Social Bookmarking